Coalville Park was transformed into a free two-day celebration extravaganza back in June in celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday.
This year, the jam-packed schedule included a Queen tribute band, live performances, food and drink and more! Visitors could also see the work of Coalville’s talented students as their wonderful pieces of art, sharing the common theme of the Queen’s birthday, displayed around the park.
Proms in the Park
Proms in the Park was a fantastic evening of great music, food and drink. With music for most tastes, we saw:
- Marlborough Square Community Choir
- Children from Spotlight at Hugglescote Primary School
- Music from the New Orleans Heat Jazz Band
- The fabulous Ashby Big Band
Compered by our community radio station Hermitage FM, the evening was also treat for the taste buds. There was food and drink from Coalville Rotary Tea Tent, strawberries and Pimms, hog roast, fish and chips and a fully licensed bar.
Picnic in the Park
Picnic in the Park provided a free fun filled family day out at Coalville Park. This year the event was even bigger. We had:
- Rugby Village – an opportunity for children to try out rugby and all the different aspects from speed to strength.
- Live music throughout the day from bands including the acoustic folk rock band Elbow Jane and the fantastic Queen tribute band Queen II
- Live entertainment as acrobats, local dance groups, martial arts and street entertainers all performed for the crowds.