On Sunday 18 September 2016, Coalville was splashed with colour as the first-ever Colour Run took place. We saw 500 runners take part in the exciting event, organised by Living Without Abuse, which was a 5km fun-run with a difference.
Runners were blasted with amazing colour at four different stations along the route, which took them in and around Coalville town and its amazing green spaces. Runners and non-runners alike then finished with a Zumba paint party in Coalville Park, where there was live music, entertainment, food and drink for all!
Colour Run in a nutshell
- The run was the first-ever Colour Run in Coalville
- 500 runners took part on Sunday 18 September 2016
- 10 lucky winners found a golden ticket in their goody bag, giving them a family pass to Conkers
- The run raised much needed funding for the Leicestershire charity, Living Without Abuse
- The run was sponsored by North West Leicestershire District Council and other key sponsors
- Runners, residents and visitors alike all enjoyed an after-run party in Coalville Par
Find out more about the event and how it was made possible here.